This free service is provided by the Downtown Windsor BIA and is available to anyone with a laptop or a wireless-enabled phone or device in downtown Windsor all day, every day.
The DWBIA recommends that users do not access private or confidential sites that require passwords, including banking and social networking sites.
The free downtown WIFI can be accessed along Ouellette Avenue from Riverside Drive to just south of Wyandotte Street, on Pelissier Street from Chatham Street to Maiden Lane, on Chatham Street from Ferry Street to Goyeau Street and on University Avenue West from Victoria Avenue to Ouellette Avenue.
There is also free Wi-Fi available at the Downtown Windsor Bus Terminal on Chatham Street West. Please refer to our coverage map.
To use the free downtown Wi-Fi:
1) Have your device search for wireless signals, or use Control Panel to set up a Network or Internet Connection.
2) If you are within range, you should see “Free Downtown Internet – DWBIA” (if you do not see this network listed, you are not in range).
3) Select our network.
4) Now open or refresh your Internet browser. Your device should display a page that says “Free Downtown Internet – DWBIA” and a green button that says “Continue to the Internet”.
5) Click on that green button and you will automatically be taken to our website www.downtownwindsor.ca. Please note that there is no password to use our system.
6) You are now connected to our free Wi-Fi!